CR Challenger 09/11
If the ad agency that created the television ad for Tough-As-Nails Tools had thoroughly researched customer demographics, then they would have realized that the majority of frequent tool users are men. Yet the ad was shown during a cooking program targeted to women. However, if the advertisers had not researched customer demographics, then the ad would not have incorporated images depicting the use of tools in home improvement projects as an activity that men enjoy. Yet the ad did so. Therefore the ad agency made some sort of mistake: either the agency did not understand the demographics of the cooking programâ€™s audience or the ad was intended to be shown during a different program.
Which one of the following statements, if true, would most weaken the argument above?
A. The purchasers of products given as gifts are not the ultimate users of those products.
B. Many women, including those who watch cooking programs, occasionally use tools for home improvement projects.
C. The ad agency had never previously aired an ad during a program other than the one intended.
D. Some men, including some who use tools frequently, occasionally watch cooking programs.
E. The ad agency has a reputation for conducting high quality demographic research.
answer and expl in comments
CR Challenger 09/11
Vocab Power Updated Daily
- COBBLED - Repair or mend
- ABHORRENCE - Hate coupled with disgust
- INCUMBENCY - The term during which some position is held
- MITIGATE -Lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of
- dubious - Open to doubt or suspicion
- FOSTERING - Encouragement; aiding the development of something
- ELICIT- Call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
- PLAUSIBLE - Apparently reasonable and valid, and truthful
- FORGE - Move ahead steadily
- BOLSTER (V)-Support and strengthen
- ECCENTRIC- A person with an unusual or odd personality
- PATRONAGE - The act of providing approval and support
- IMPERVIOUS - Not admitting of passage or capable of being affected