Done with GMAT

My AWA argument topic was about postal service increasing postal service price, to increase revenues and lower mail amount for better efficiency. Analysis topic was Amense good cooperation among countries and technology advances should we be citizen of a country or citizen of world. I gave a good lecture on how to be good citizen of the earth and our responsibility to help the poor.

Maths was good, I went with a very positive attitude. the 1st 2 questions were very tough i took 7 mins but did not get shattered, did solve it and moved ahead , there was a series DS question in which C could have given answer as both had 10 as a common number is the second term but after expanding upto 7th term I could another common number at 38. So taking from this if you are going good and such easy qustion comes there will be 100 % a trap in that. I was in a very positive atitude singing while answering the questions. GMAT is no longer an easy exam , All questions upto 17th where tricky with some traps. I had to do last 8 questions in 5 mins :) Dont regret that as I have learnt from all my mock that the end questions matter very less. GMAT goemetry is also tough with three dimension figures question in which we have to find details of angles. There were many percentages questions, standard deviation.

English was a blow. 1st question a tough SC, about tenses. Then a clause one. After a logical conculsion CR, then a short RC (like a big CR )with primary purpose , 2 CR type questions.
The sentence correction was testing much more that common 9 errors.
The SC level was also tough one SC in middle arround 14th question took me more tahn 3 mins, with POE I had two then was getting confused .
2nd RC about a damsremoval and effects of water was 9-13 question, I still dont understand what the passage is talking about.
Third RC was about rRNA and study of its nucleotide for comparison of what not. This was 3rd RC at arround 18-21 question , It ate up alot of my precious time, After this I only had 25 mins left to do 20 questions.So had to rush through it, at end for 5 questions had to blindly guess.

At end of test I was not that sad and devastated I was last time. I had given a fight and did very well in Maths had a positive attitude and a force that I could do it . The day before gmat I had done 30 mins exercise that got away all my tension and in morning of GMAT again I did exercise mainly pushups which again gets a positive energy in you, had a heavy breakfast and tea, After AWA I had rebull , little apple and hersheys.I did 20 pushups also in the canteen.Believe me this gets lot of energy back in you. Then again after Maths section was really happy had redbull, apple and lots of water. Then again the pushups. Remember to pee just before going in to the testing area. I was in a good mood and fighting till the 21st question of the RC , but the fact remains that RC has become tough, They are giving more of critical reasoning types RCs Also Sentence correction section of GMAT is testing more area of grammar then before including quotation marks , commas etc
If you people think I havent prepared enough for GMAT, the next post will tell you about my preparations.
k

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vocab Power Updated Daily

  • COBBLED - Repair or mend
  • ABHORRENCE - Hate coupled with disgust
  • INCUMBENCY - The term during which some position is held
  • MITIGATE -Lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of
  • dubious - Open to doubt or suspicion
  • FOSTERING - Encouragement; aiding the development of something
  • ELICIT- Call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
  • PLAUSIBLE - Apparently reasonable and valid, and truthful
  • FORGE - Move ahead steadily
  • BOLSTER (V)-Support and strengthen
  • ECCENTRIC- A person with an unusual or odd personality
  • PATRONAGE - The act of providing approval and support
  • IMPERVIOUS - Not admitting of passage or capable of being affected

Blog Archive

Updates from my other Blogs

badge