MY CAT Experience

Had done all AIMCATS 0820-0801 with through analysis and given 10 MCT 5 CRT. Done my basics many times had given the QAT Test 0801-0810. As I had taken leave , I used to utilize the whole day ,I had developed the zeal to fight and get things solved in paper , my preparation was good and Saturday afternoon was enjoying om shanti om ,Sunday reached my center in time was ready for the prayer ,filled up all answer keys done with the formalities was waiting to open the CAT paper and fight for 21/2 hr for an IIM call,had a strategy in place English 10:30-11;15 ,DI 11:15-12:00 and maths till 12:45 and rest the buffer. With the GO.. for invigilators I tore the plastic opened up the RC section and marked all passages and read question of the mother-relation , was all inference based Had to read the passage which did so and did not understand much , 2 times I tried the also was in vain , tried my same luck with 2nd passage Human biology was also over the head tried to answer the qs was not that good start ,went to 3rd about the civilization that was also a bouncer all inference based qs tried to break the code,but was’nt sure . Then the verbal part it was 5 sentences using a particular word which had two options and I had to select one. Had come across this in an verbal class in TIME which helped me answer but there were some tricks. With 5 mins time remaing tried 2 parajumbles.

As it was already 11;20 had to jump into DI , approached with aggression and had done the BHAT one. I had done something like this in CR (with bhats conversion) So had the confidence and cracked this set , Then the aeroplane and the propotions , The clock was about to strike 12:00 , I went to Quants with hope I can crack CAT . was disappointed with the Qs , tried the 1st , 2nd , luckily 3rd I did .Then the squares of 2 digits really hitme back I thought none will be there, The maximum guaranteed return one I thought there is
A trick and went with 0.1 % ,which was wrong , The ten year ago Qs caught e back I had tried for around 7 minutes was not getting it ,which frustrated me , also the time gap one I got it as 1:30 assuming things ,which was again wrong
I had narrowed the two triangles to 0-60 but did not mark as had to confirm and time elapsed. Seeing these levels I thought doing my strong point will help so did DS from quants then DI section , Again tried to find sitters from the quant section and luckily got the quadratic equation one.

Overall English,DI went good and Maths has taken me down , which was supposed to be my strongest question , Have been time -07 student religiously attend classed and worked hard to see such a day was really disheartening ,It took me some days to comeback and write about my experience, But one thing is that I fought till last second,and I am PROUD of that.

This was 3rd Attempt in CAT ,I have gathered the ashes and will fight back with other competitive exams like this Sunday IIFT ,AIMAT,SNAP,IBS,JMET,XAT,NMAT and GMAT. Yes I am giving all this my friends my options are clear , my focus is an MBA in 08-10 , for that I have worked hard taken 2 months leave from office. The zeal has gone down but the will have to get it back to crack them. Thanks for all your support.

2 comments:

Unknown 2/12/07 3:45 PM  

Good luck in you applications! :)

visit my blog: The AIM Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vocab Power Updated Daily

  • COBBLED - Repair or mend
  • ABHORRENCE - Hate coupled with disgust
  • INCUMBENCY - The term during which some position is held
  • MITIGATE -Lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of
  • dubious - Open to doubt or suspicion
  • FOSTERING - Encouragement; aiding the development of something
  • ELICIT- Call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
  • PLAUSIBLE - Apparently reasonable and valid, and truthful
  • FORGE - Move ahead steadily
  • BOLSTER (V)-Support and strengthen
  • ECCENTRIC- A person with an unusual or odd personality
  • PATRONAGE - The act of providing approval and support
  • IMPERVIOUS - Not admitting of passage or capable of being affected

Blog Archive

Updates from my other Blogs

badge